AVAILABLE HEALTH AND SAFETY JOB! APPLY NOW.Vehicle insurance car insurance, motor insurance, or auto insurance!
- The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations.
- Developing measures to assure personnel safety.
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority.
- May exercise emergency authority to prevent or stop unsafe acts when immediate action is required.
- The Safety Officer maintains awareness of active and developing situations.
- Ensures there are safety messages in each Incident Action Plan.
- Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
- Review the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
- Investigate accidents that have occurred within incident areas.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP).
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Conducts toolbox meetings.
- A HSE Officer is part of the project safety council and leads all efforts to enhance safety.
- The safety officer reviews and approves all subcontractors’ safety plans.
- Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related top management.
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promotes safe practices at the job site.
- Enforces safety guidelines.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
- Conducts job hazard analysis.
- Establishes safety standards and policies as needed.
- Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste.
- Serves as the link between local agencies and contractors.
- Receives reports from and forward to top management notices issued by regulators.
- Arranges for mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.).
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- Initiate, coordinate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify hygiene issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Proven experience as safety officer minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Experience in hospitality industry will be an added advantage
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Sex: Male and Female
Remuneration and benefits
Monthly salary N80, 000
Quarterly reward system etc.