DO YOU Want to study in Earth’s largest and most populous continent, Asia? Whether you’re a student from the western world’ looking for somewhere different, or from an Asian country yourself, the region offers something for everyone.
The world scholarship forum team have gone round to put together these list of scholarships to be able to help you finance your study to any level. Majorly these scholarships are fully funded and some of them are partially funded.
With so many possibilities, you may be wondering which study destination is the right one for you.
study abroad scholarships Asia
A growing number of international students, both from within the region and further afield, are choosing to study in Asia. The continent’s economic and population booms have been accompanied by rapid growth in the higher education sector, leading to ever-more attractive options for prospective students.
Established education powerhouses like Japan and Hong Kong are seeing strong competition from more recently formed university hubs such as Singapore and South Korea – alongside, of course, the ever-increasing might of China. More top universities in Asia are to be found in Taiwan, Malaysia, and India, with further opportunities in Thailand, Pakistan, Indonesia, the Philippines and beyond.
Start your own journey to study in Asia with our student-focused destination guides, listed below.
Here, you will find opportunities that will help finance study in Asia.
- scholarships to study in Asia
- scholarships in Asia
- study abroad scholarships Asia
- Asian scholarships
- scholarships for Asian students
- study in Asia scholarship program
- Asian scholarships for African students
- study abroad Asia scholarships
Taiwan Government is offering Undergraduate (Bachelors) and Postgraduate (Master’s and Doctoral) Scholarships to International Students for the duration of their degree program in 2020.
Eligible Countries: The scholarship is open to all international students (excluding students from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau) from any country
To be taken at (country): Universities and Colleges in Taiwan
About the Award: The Government of Taiwan through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) has established the Taiwan Scholarship Program for foreign students in an effort to encourage outstanding international students to undertake degree studies in Taiwan so as to familiarize themselves with the academic environment in Taiwan and promote communication, understanding and friendship between Taiwan and countries around the world.
Offered Since: 2010
- Is a high school graduate or above with an excellent academic record, of good moral character and has no criminal record.
- Is not a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Is not an overseas compatriot student.
- Has never attended an educational institution in Taiwan at the same level of degree or LEP that he/she intends to apply for.
- Is not an exchange student through any cooperation agreement between a foreign university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan while receiving the Scholarship.
- Has not previously had a Scholarship revoked by an ROC government agency or other relevant institution.
Number of Scholarships: A number of scholarships will be awarded
Benefits: Scholarship recipients will be given a monthly stipend of NT$25,000 for the LEP and NT$30,000 for degree programs. Recipients are responsible for all expenses during their stay in Taiwan. MOFA will not provide any other subsidies. MOFA will, however, provide recipients with one-way, economy-class plane tickets for direct flights to and from Taiwan.
Non-degree LEP: one year.
2. Degree programs:
(1) Undergraduate program: four years maximum
(2) Master’s program: two years maximum
(3) Doctoralprogram: four years maximum
How to Apply: Applicants should send the following document within the period specified enclosed with their application to the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office in their country.
- Taiwan Scholarship Application Form (available here)
- A copy of the applicant’s passport or other nationality certificates.
- A copy of the highest degree and academic transcripts. If issued by international educational institutions, these documents must be authenticated by an overseas Representative Office or be sealed and delivered by the awarding institutions. Documents in a language other than Chinese or English must be translated into Chinese or English and the translated documents must be authenticated.
- A copy of admission application materials to universities/colleges in Taiwan (e.g., copies of application fee remittance, application form, receipt of application from universities/colleges, e-mails, ).
- A copy of a language proficiency certificate:
- 1.A copy of results or certificate for the “Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language” (TOCFL) Basic or above.
- 2.For applications to all-English programs, a copy of TOEFL test scores or other recognized English language proficiency exams or degrees awarded in English must be submitted. English-speaking nationals are exempt from this rule.
- Two letters of reference, signed and sealed in envelopes (i.e. from the principals, professors, or supervisors). Photo copies and email submissions of letters of recommendation will not be considered.
- Additional documents as specified by the individual representative offices.
Sponsors: The Taiwan Scholarship Program is jointly established and funded by three government agencies of the Republic of China (Taiwan) — the Ministry of Education (MOE), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) and the National Science Council of the Executive Yuan (NSC)
Application Deadline: 31st March 2020
Offered annually? Yes